Facts â€“ sad but true
- In Germany there are 373 doctors for every 100,000 inhabitants.
- In Mozambique the average is 3 doctors per 100,000 inhabitants.
(Source: WHO - World Health Organisation)
- For the 200,000 people in our district there was for a long time not one practicing doctor! Now the hospital has a doctor who is however inundated with patients.
Chances of survival for children
- The infant mortality rate in Germany is 0.35 %.
- In Mozambique 7, 7 % of all infants die within their first year of life.
(Source: CIA World Factbook 1, 2012)
On the way in the bush
Visite of a village